Golden Compass “Discover the Britain of Downton Abbey” Prize:
Terms & Conditions
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions of entry. The promotion is open to residents of Australia. The promotion is not open to employees of the promoter, their immediate families and agencies associated with this promotion. The promoter is BT Publishing, Level 4, 189 Kent Street, Sydney 2000.
- The promotion commences 05 April 2014 and closes at 5pm EST on 05 October 2014.
- Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be judged on literary and creative merit. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into. The winner will be notified by mail no later than 13 October 2014.
- To enter, entrants must state, in 25 words or less, why they would like to win the Golden Compass ”Discover the Britain of Downton Abbey” 18 night tour of Britain inclusive of two economy class return flights from Australia to London. Entrants must send their completed entry to: Get Up & Go, PO Box R147 Royal Exchange, Sydney 1225 or enter online at www.getupandgo.com.au.
- The best entry, as determined by the judges in their sole discretion, will WIN a Golden Compass 18 night “Discover the Britain of Downton Abbey” fully escorted small group tour of Britain inclusive of an economy class return flight from Australia to London for two.
- Prize is valid for travel on the date of the “Discover the Britain of Downton Abbey” tour which will commence in August 2015, otherwise it will be deemed forfeited by the winner.
- All items of a personal nature are the responsibility of the prize winner, including travel insurance, hotel meals (other than those specified), surcharges, passports, visas, and all travel documentation/ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner. Golden Compass strongly advises the purchase of travel insurance for the duration of the holiday.
- Children under 18 years of age will not be accepted on a Golden Compass tour.
- The value of this prize is $10,000. The prize cannot be transferred, exchanged or be redeemed for cash. The trip/prize is subject to availability and must be taken as stated.
- Golden Compass operates its small group tours on a minimum number of participants. Should this number not be reached on the “Discover the Britain of Downton Abbey” tour, Golden Compass reserves the right to substitute the prize for a voucher equal to the value of the tour, to be redeemed against an alternative 2015 Golden Compass tour of the prize winners choice.
- The promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize between the publishing date and the date the prize is claimed. The promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of the prize-winning trip except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner and their companion sign a legal release form to be determined by the promoter. All entrants must agree to be signed up for the Get Up & Go e newsletter and Golden Compass newsletter.
- Travel insurance is required to be held by travellers. Once booked, any changes made to the booking may incur a cancellation fee or amendment fee at the cost of the winner.