New research recently released reveals that 90% of pet owners in Australia are prepared to postpone or cancel their holiday if they can’t find someone suitable to look after their pet. With this in mind, pet ‘babysitting’ is likely to be well received as only 5% of pet owners use kennels on a regular basis and 69% of pet owners deem them impersonal and expensive.
Offering a solution to these problems, Pawshake is a new generation of nannying, an online community connecting pet owners with pet sitters offering to look after and care for pets when their owners can’t.
Key findings from a new study released today:
- 86% of pet owners often have difficulty finding a trusted person to take care of their pet
- Almost all (96%) admit to missing their furry friends whilst they are away, so much so that 38% resort to Skyping them
- 63% of pet owners admit to letting their pets sleep in bed with them with almost one third (31%) admitting that they’d consider kicking their partner out of bed before their pet if there wasn’t enough room
The study also revealed:
- For 71% of pet owners, not being an animal lover is a deal breaker when entering a new relationship
- Close to 1 in 4 (22%) pet owners have celebrated their pet’s birthday and thrown a special pet party and 42% admit to having left on the TV or entertainment for their pet when they’re not home
- As much as they’d like to, 91% of pet owners are unable to take their pets to work because it’s not allowed
- To solve their pet sitting woes, 81% of pet owners would be prepared to give up monthly shopping sprees, alcohol or social media for a month
- 61% of Aussies pet owners are prepared to spend up to $29 per day for pet sitting services
Pawshake is set to revolutionise the pet sitting market in Australia and address many anxiety, trust and financial issues. With more than 3,000 Pawshake sitters across Australia, some of which are available at a moment’s notice, pet owners no longer need to postpone or cancel their getaway or mini break and pets will feel like they’re on holiday too.